Through the wetlands of the Weisse Elster from Zeitz to Pegau
Sometimes pictures can tell more than words. Have a look at this video.
One of the most beautiful parts of the river Weisse Elster reaches from Zeitz to Profen - the preserveration area "Elsterauen".
Here the river flows in countless bends with partly fast current through a charming valley. Due to the proximity to Leipzig it virtually is a perfect region for paddling - but so far there is a lack of infrastructure to do the distance easily in normal kayaks or canoes.
However, the barrages and portages are no problem for our packrafts. Hence we nearly have the river for ourselves. With a bit of luck we might spot the fascinating Kingfishers.
It's possible to cover the whole distance of the tour in about 6 hours. But why rush? We take our time and have a long lunch break with coffee, tea and more and enjoy the day.
Booking is available in May till October 2019! Check out the dates in the calendar.
- between 80,00 € p.P.(minimum rate) up to 100,00 € p.P.- Normally each tour would have to cost 90,00 € p.P. Who can afford it pays more and affords that way the joy of a packrafting tour to people with less money!
- payment in cash after the tour
Participants: max. 3 persons (alteration in exceptional cases possible)
Duration: about 8 hours
- own packraft with paddle, waterproof dry bag and PFD (in addition about 3 kg)
- short crash course in packrafting
- guided tour through the preservation area Elsterauen (in english / auf deutsch / en español)
- long lunch break with coffee or the like
Required gear / abilities:
- basic knowledge in paddling and basic fitness required
- clothing for different weather: rain clothes, warm clothing, perhaps sunscreen, stable shoes
- own provisions
In case of booking a tour you need to accept the general terms and conditions. Booking request via e-mail, phone call or text.
Start: Zeitz, main station